Address: Ovocný trh 3, Prague 1
The Carolinum is a national cultural monument, the seat of the Rector, and a symbol of Charles University. The building has been named after the University founder Charles IV – Collegium Caroli (Caroline College). It has belonged to the Prague University since 1383.
The Carolinum is a complex of buildings at the corner of Ovocný trh and Železná street in the very centre of Prague, in close vicinity to the Old Town Square. Despite its historical origin and monument preservation, the Carolinum is a living area where students and teachers meet. It is used not only for representation, but it is also a scene of the university and cultural life.
The scientific workshop will take place in Charles University Conference Centrum
Address: Celetná 20, Prague 1
The conference centre is situated in close vicinity of the Carolinum, connected to it by an inner yard. The main building entrance is situated at Celetná ulice 20. Technically equipped premises provide a proper background for holding a wide range of events. The lecture halls are fitted with data interconnection.
General Assembly will take place in the Small Hall of Carolinum
The Small Hall was the lecture room of the Faculty of Medicine in the past. The walls are decorated with oil paintings of Saints Cosmas and Damian, the patron saints of physicians, and baroque portraits of Prague professors of medicine and archbishops of Prague.
WG meetings and EC meetings will proceed in different rooms of the historical building of the Carolinum.